CMS activities to celebrate poetry are:
- Pocket poems scavenger hunt in the library all week.
- Look for the hidden "golden poem" at lunch Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Thursday at lunch:
- Rap your poem during the poetry slam on the stage.
- What better way to celebrate than by putting poetry in a public place? Write a poem in chalk on the cement in the quad.
- Look for the hidden "golden poem". Once you've found it take it to the stage and read it aloud then you will receive a ....
- Share your poem with a peer. Tap someone on the shoulder, share your poem and then they will share theirs.
For every star that falls to earth a new one glows.
For every dream that fades away a new one grows.
When things are not what they would seem
You must keep following your dream
Rod McKeun from his book of poetry "Listen to the Warm"